Commercial Skip HireResidential Skip Hire

Do I need a skip permit in Sussex?

Do I need a skip permit in Sussex?

When you hire a skip in Worthing, or elsewhere in Sussex or the UK, you may need a skip permit. Unless the skip you’re hiring will be placed entirely on private land such as a driveway, field or garden, a skip permit will need to be obtained through the local council. When you hire a Rabbit skip, we take care of the permit for you and the fee is included in your skip hire cost.

Getting a skip permit in Sussex

A skip permit is permission from the local council to place a skip on public land. Your permit will outline how long the skip can stay in position and detail any specific safety rules that must be followed, such as providing reflective markings or traffic cones. It doesn’t usually take long to get a permit, but at Rabbit we think it’s best to allow four working days. Permits tend to run for one, two or four weeks but this depends on your local council. For skip hire in Worthing, it’s Adur & Worthing council.

Getting a parking bay suspension for skip hire in Adur & Worthing

If your skip will be placed in an area where there are parking bays, pay to park or resident parking permits, you’ll also need to get a parking bay suspension. As the skip hirer, it will be your responsibility to secure a parking bay suspension as unlike skip permits, they can’t be issued to skip hire companies. Our team will need the bay suspension number before being able to deliver a skip into a bay or restricted area. If you are hiring a skip in Shoreham-by-Sea, Lancing, Southwick, Sompting or Worthing, you’ll need to apply for a parking bay suspension through the Adur & Worthing Council. It’s best to allow as much time as possible to apply for a parking bay suspension.

Contact us today for a quote or for more information about hiring skips in Worthing and Sussex and about skip permits in Worthing and parking bay suspensions throughout the Sussex region. Reach us on 01903 762020 or email